Is your organization trying to work with government to resolve issues?
Now, more than ever, there are real opportunities (and a very urgent need) to get your government relations right.
There's political uncertainty at every level of government, with both politicians and the bureaucracy hesitant and unclear about what the agenda ought to be. There may be no better time than now, to make sure that your issues are on the agenda for action.
Maybe there is pending legislation that could affect the performance of your industry.
Or, perhaps you are concerned about government funding or capital projects.
The decisions being made by government will have an impact on your goals and performance.
Leonard Domino and Associates announces a special training:
"Working with Government"
“Everything you need to know to effectively build relationships and successfully negotiate with the government”
On Friday, October 29th, 2010 at the University Club of Toronto
9:00am to 4:30pm
(380 University Avenue, Toronto, ON)
Len Domino will lead the training with an adult learning approach, including case studies, group interaction, and real life examples to deliver the following materials:
• The Who’s Who of Government
• Best practices for obtaining meetings with elected officials
• How to conduct successful meetings with the government
• The Win / Win Approach to Resolving Issues with Government
• How to Prepare a Briefing Note that can Successfully Influence Government
• The Strategic Approach to Preparing for a Meeting with Politicals & Bureaucrats
• Maximum results from meetings with the government though strategic follow up
• How and When to Work with The Opposition Parties
• How to Use Political Fundraisers Appropriately as a Part of Your Strategy
What You Will Learn At This Training:
Learn from over 40 years of Len Domino’s experiences working with political parties and governments – at all levels, of all stripes.
The world has changed. Old style, backroom lobbying may be doing more damage than good to your organization’s efforts – and its reputation.
Organizations want issues resolved.
Governments are looking to hear your voice and opinions on the issues that matter.
You must be able to strategically access the government – you need the tools, knowledge, and best practices to get your organization to achieve success.
This training is essential for anyone who interacts with the government.
We will equip your senior management with the proven tools, strategies, and approaches that you need when dealing with the bureaucrats and politicians.
Who Should Attend This Training?
The materials will be delivered at an executive level for Executive Directors, CEOs, Senior Managers, and Board Members.
- Senior executives need to know what works and what doesn’t. Learning the best practices of government relations means that you can help guide your organization, staff, and board on approaches that are proven to work; while avoiding wasted time and resources going down the wrong path.
- For individuals who have recently taken on Government Relations responsibilities, this training is essential to orientate yourself around how government works. And, you will learn the best practices to work with the government to achieve success with the issues that you are attempting to resolve.
- Every board member will benefit by developing their skill-set around the do’s and don’ts when communicating with the government. There is nothing more self destructive than internal disputes on how to move forward. A consistent approach delivered by a board in harmony can achieve the results you are seeking.
- If you’ve attended one of our trainings in the past, the course materials have been updated and have evolved to reflect the current political climate, which is critical knowledge for your strategic planning around the government.
Why Attend This Training?
Why not learn the best practices which will help to achieve the results you are seeking from your discussions with government?
Leonard Domino & Associates has been providing specialized Trainings on government relations since 1985.
Len Domino is an accomplished negotiator, working with Conservative, Liberal and New Democratic governments since he left office in the early 80s. He has been a Chief of Staff to the Minister of Natural Resources, Health and the Attorney General. Len also has experience as a political organizer with experience that spans four decades – few others can offer as much depth and understanding of how government really works.
Rory Demetrioff has over 250 meetings per year with the various levels of government. Over the last decade, his specialty has involved helping organizatons to make their interests visible, understood, and acted upon by the top levels of government.
You will learn the practical strategies and techniques useful for you to successfully address your issues with government.
What Have People Said About Leonard Domino & Associates’ Past Training?Al Dokis, Intergovernmental Affairs Director, Anishinabek Nation - Union of Ontario Indians
"As you might have heard in the news – we have overcome the imposition of the HST on our citizens. http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/June2010/18/c6339.html
My staff utilized the skills and concepts that Leonard Domino & Associates presented throughout this process and we will certainly be evaluating our efforts to address opportunities to strengthen our approach in the future.
We understood our role within this very large undertaking spanning many communities and organizations and made every effort to keep things in perspective.
Have a great weekend – and thanks for providing us with such an excellent training opportunity."
"I would be more than happy to provide a few quotes. I took the liberty to go through the conference evaluations to get some ideas and to hear what our members said following the sessions with Leonard Domino & Associates. The feedback was great!"
"The sessions were excellent. Len and Rory were able to focus our minds on what is key to the process of successful government relations."
"Every Board Member, CEO, or staff member who is involved in lobbying government in any way needs to take this training."
"Len and Rory's use of real life examples, stories of successes and failures, role playing and audience participation all helped make the entire daunting world of government relations much less confusing."
Reserve your spot today for Len Domino’s “Working with Government”
Friday, October 29th, 2010
University Club of Toronto (380 University Avenue, Toronto, ON)
Limited Spots Available:
We have limited the training to 48 participants to allow for maximum interaction and learning.
- $395 plus HST for per registration from your organization.
- Early bird special: Reserve by October 18th, 2010 at a cost of only $275 per person.
All participants will enjoy breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks catered by the University Club. If you have any food restrictions or allergies, please advise us when you are registering to attend.
If you haven’t registered yet, don’t miss out on the chance to learn the proven skills and techniques to positively affect government decision making.
Coming from out of town? The University Club of Toronto has newly renovated accommodations in the heart of downtown. Contact us for details.